Wednesday, November 26, 2014

TINYNESS GOT ON MARTY MOSS-COANE TODAY !!!

I  call  my  wife  Rise`  (pronounced  "REE-suh")  "Tinyness"  because  I'm  a  big  guy,  and  she's  so  tiny  next  to  me.  When  I  take  her  clothes  out  of  the  dryer,  I  can't  believe  how  tiny   her  shirts  are,  as  I'm  hanging  them  up!

For  years  now  I've  had  Celiac  Disease  --  I   can't  digest  the  gluten  molecule,  because  a  genetic  change   inherited  from  my  parents  --  probably,  from  my  Irish  father  --   means  that  I  lack  the  enzyme  to  digest  it.   Gluten   sits  in  my  bowels  undigested  until  it  --  and  my  bowels  --   rot!

So,  Rise`  learned  how  to  make  me  gluten  free  bread  and  other  gluten-free  concoctions.

On  Marty  Moss-Coane's  pre-Thanksgiving  show  today,  she  was  discussing  Thanksgiving  recipes.   When  the  program  turned  to  cooking  for  Celiac  cases,  Rise`  e-mailed  in  that  she  made  turkey  stuffing  edible  for  me,  again,  by   substituting  kasha  for  bread.  Marty  Moss-Coane   read  Rise`'s  e-mail  aloud  on  the  show.  "That  sounds  really  good!"   the  guest  commented.

This  year,  Rise`  also  did  this  for  Thanksgiving ...


That's  a  Reese's  chocolate  peanut  butter  cup  cheese  cake  on  gluten-free   crust.

I  told  Rise`  that   we  have  to  have  a  supply  of  insulin  ready  inside,  and  an  ambulance  waiting  outside,  before  anyone  gets  to  eat  any  of  it.

No comments:

Post a Comment