Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What This Magazine Is; Articles Welcome !

I  have  to  say,  for  the  sake  of  God's  holy  Church,  that  this  online  magazine  is  NOT,  repeat  NOT,   a  publication  of  the  Roman  Catholic  Church.  

It  is  merely  my  own  opinion.

And  who  am  I ?  I  am  a  62  year  old  South  Jersey  man  who  attended  Catholic  grade  school,  Catholic  high  school,  Catholic  college,   and  secular  law  school,  and  then  spent  30  years  practicing  law  in  Pennsylvania  and  New  Jersey.    I  attended  weekly  Mass  at  a  Catholic  Church,  go  to  Catholic  confession,   go  to  weekly  Catholic  Bible  study,  function  as  a  speaker  in  a  Catholic  speakers'  program,  and  occasionally  address  Catholic  CCD  students  on  Catholic  theology.    I  have  also  written  about  a  dozen  published  articles  in  a  Catholic  magazine  on  various  religious  topics  --  mostly,  about  the  Bible.    The  perspective  is  Catholic.

Despite  all  of  that,  would  today's  Church  officials  agree  that  I  am  "Catholic"?    I  don't  know,  for  a  particular  reason.

One  of  the  things  I  do,  here,  is  go  after  the  Church,  energetically,  if  I  see  a  weakness. 

For  example,  so  many  bishops  nationwide  wrote  letters  of  recommendation  transferring  priests  out  of  their  dioceses  for  so  many  priests  concerning  whom  they  had  thick  files  verifying  statutory  rape  of   one  boy  or  young  man  after  another,  again  and  again  and  again  and  again,  that  there  was  an  appearance  of  hiding  the  crime  (Obstruction  of  Justice)   and  pimping  for  gay  "johns"  by  helping  them  prey  on  the  young  sheep  in  their  own  flocks  (Solicitation),  while  we  stupid  Catholics,  with  our  heads  in  the  ground  like  dumb  ostriches,  financed  the  whole  endeavor.  So,  I  have  gone  after  that  set-up,  repeatedly.  

I  am  certain  that  I  am  not  well-liked  for  writing  things  like,  "Are  our  bishops  actually  knowingly  engaged  in  homosexual  pimping ???"  or,  "Come  on,  John  Jay  Institute !!!   Right  after  admitting   that   70%  of  the  priests  accused  of  'doing'  boys  and  young  men,  only,   actually  said,  'I  do  it  with  male  adults,  too !'  you   write,  'The  Church  does  not  have  a  'homosexual  problem!'   What  liars !"

I  have  also  been  absolutely  clear  about  the  direct  relationship  between  Benedict  XVI   and  the  priestly  sex  abuse  problem,  and  the  indirect  relationship  between  Pope  Francis  and  the  priestly  sex  abuse  problem.

I  have  also  gone  after  the  Church  for  not  going  all  of  the  way  on  the  Adam-and-Eve  teaching  --  for  not  simply  admitting,  "The  Adam  and  Eve  story  is  not  history,  at  all.  It  is  divinely-inspired  myth  teaching  religious  truth."    

I  have  also  criticized  a  piece  of  theology  about  Mary  about  which  the  Church   is  very  quiet.  Whereas  Mary  really  was  always  a  virgin,   the  Church  includes  within  the  Perpetual  Virginity  doctrine  a  bizarre teaching  that  Jesus  was  not  born  in  the  technical  sense  --  that  God,  instead,  had  Him  come  out  of  Mary's  womb  "like  a  beam  of  sunlight  through  glass."  This  doctrine  is  called,  "Virginity  in  Partu,"  "virginity  even  in  the  act  of  birthing  Jesus."  As  we  would  put  it  in  our  day  and  age,  "Jesus  beamed-down  out  of  Mary."

Priests  and  theologian  can  jump  up  and  down  in  protest  and  angrily  deny  that  the  Church  uses  the  words  "beaming  down,"     but  in  essence   it  teaches  exactly  that.

This  rather  strikingly  Gnostic  --  and,  in  my  opinion,  absolutely  heretical  --  teaching   not  only  converts  Jesus  into  something  that  is  un-Biblical  and  fundamentally  different  than  us,  it  also   seems  to  create  a  deadly  conflict  with  the  hypostatic  union   doctrine  --  that  Jesus,  at  all  points  in  His  life,  was  "always  God  and  always  Man."    He  can't  have  been  "always  Man"  during  the  point  in  time  when  He  was  engage  in  passing  through  the  wall  of  Mary's  womb  "like  a  beam  of  sunlight  through  glass"    and  then  coming  in  for  a  landing  on  the  ground.

The  Church  also  regrets  its  own  correct  Biblical  theology  on  contraception,  to  a  point  that  ironically  indirectly  advances  the  pro-abortion  movement.

When,  to  try  to  "stop  the  bleeding"   by  exposing  the  Church  on  such  things,   I  am  clear   in  writing  about  such  things,     it  can't  be  that  I  am  well-liked   among  any  Church  administrators  aware  of  how  I  write.  So,  would  Church  administrators  say  that  I  am  "Catholic"?  I  think  I  am.    But  I  think  that  some  of  them  would  deny  it.

And  so,  I  am  chronically  afraid  that  one  of  these  days  I  am  going  to  be  told,  "Stop  using  the  word  'Catholic'  in  your  website  title,  or  be  excommunicated."


In  any  event,    I  really  do  look  for  proposed  articles   in  my  e-mail.    They  can  be  on  nearly  any  subject   of  general  interest,  or  relevant  to  politics  or  religion.  I  love  humor  and  history.     If  you  have  an  idea   for  an  article,  or  an  article,  itself,  e-mail  me  at 

 peter.j.dawson.nj.us@gmail.com

No  compensation  for  the  articles  --   sorry  --   and  I  become  the  owner  of  all  copyright  rights,  to  avoid  controversy.


No comments:

Post a Comment