Sunday, January 4, 2015

HUMOR: How I Say "Goodbye" to the Wife When One of Us Goes Somewhere

I've  got  nicknames  for  my  wife:  "Littlest,"  "Tiny,"  "Tine"  and  "Tininess."

She  knows  me  very,  very  well,  including  the  bizarre  ideation  about  everything  which  fills  my  head.

When  I  leave  the  house  to  go  someplace,  I'll  sometimes  kiss  her  and  say,  "Bring  underwear."  She'll  answer,  "Absolutely."

What  in  Heaven's  Holy  Name  does  that  refer  to?

It's  actually  a  religious  joke.    She  knows  that  I  am  poking  gentle  fun  at  those  Christians  who  preach  The  Rapture  --  the  notion  that  someday,  perhaps  soon,  thousands  will  suddenly  disappear,  leaving  us  less  worthy  slobs  to  fend  for  ourselves  in  the  chaos  of  the  less  fortunate.

I  am  implying,  "Look,  if  the  police  call,  and  they  report  that  they  found  my  car  running,  and  my  clothes  in  a  pile  on  the  driver's  seat  and  floor,   it  is  because  I  have  been  raptured.  I  want  you  to  rush  over  there  with  a  clean  pair  of  underpants  and  substitute  that  in  for  the  not-so-clean  pair  in  the  pile."

When  Littlest  leaves  the  house,  I'll  tell  her,   "Remember,  shout  'Stop!  Don't!'  repeatedly!"

That's  a  not-so-religious  joke.   I'm  telling  her,  "Look,  if  some  ruffian  grabs  you  and  tries  to  drag  you  into  the  woods  and  rape  you,   I  want  you  to  to  keep  yelling,   "STOP  DON'T  STOP  DON'T  STOP  DON'T  STOP  DON'T  STOP ..."

1 comment:

  1. I also say, "YOU'RE REALLY SOMETHING!" and she answers, "But you don't know WHAT!" or I will say, "YOU'RE SUCH A TREASURE!" and she will answer, "YEAH, YOU WANT TO BURY ME!"

    ReplyDelete